Tuesday, January 3, 2012

new years resolutions

Can you believe it's 2012 already and according to the prophesy and drama surrounded by the 2012 movie that determines this will be our last year on earth.  Not sure really how much of that we can really believe, espeically if you look back at the chaos revolving around the new millennium and what a hoaks that ended up to be.  

I'm a firm believer that resolutions / goals are things we should be thinking about throughout the year and not just reserved for the new year, as we should always be working on ways to improve ourselves, but I have to admit that their is something about the new year that adds a freshness to everything that really draws me to add a few new goals.  This year I actually couldn't come up with anything up until a few days ago and I'm pretty happy with my new goals. 

New Years Goals:
1) Find non-dairy & non-soy alternatives for at least 30 days.
I was talking to a new friend, Sara, this NYE weekend about it soy and hyperthyroidism and there effects soy has on it and since I don't drink  cow's diary I use more soy, especially silk milk, regular flavor and french vanilla silk creamer for my coffee.  So I thought it would be good to reduce my soy intake for the next 30 days at least to see if I can regain some energy as low energy and water retention is  side effect. 

2. Complete the Bodyrock.tv 30 day challenge
I love Bodyrock workouts and can't wait to start this challenge and they are the BEST BEST BEST workouts you could do to stay fit and active without spending hours in the gym or tons of money on videos, gym memberships or workout equipment. 

3) Dance once a month
I truly love swing dancing, especially Blue's, Lindy and Balboa so much that their has been nothing better, no drug, no drink, no other thing that makes me feel more alive then when I'm dancing with a great lead who can make me fly.

4) Attend 3 Dance events
- Steel City Blue's
- Lindy Exchange (Portland, CT)
- Blue's Shout

5) Enjoy my New Home downtown & Entertain Once a month
I am in the process of settling on a new home and I'm planning painting, redoing the counter tops with Corian and the back splash with a glass subway tile.  Then host at least one blue's dance event and have people over for dinner with my Fit Foodies group and other friends to share healthy and delicious meals together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment