Wednesday, March 30, 2011

an inspired meal planner

It's a great week, when you have your meals for the following week planned out several days before your trip to the grocery store. It seemed so easy after I was inspired by an article I read about a 1400-Calorie Meal Plan and Skeleton.  It's part of Team Beach Body (aka P90X).  Though I didn't realize it until I came across another blog that had the same meal plan that linked Climb Michi's LadderPDF They have 5 tiers of foods and each food is labeled (fat) (protein) and (carb).  The ideal is to only eat what's in the top two tiers for a perfect diet, but we all know that's not always possible. 

Anyways, what I loved about the meal plan was how simple it seemed.  Each meal is labeled with the following labels (carb) (dairy) (protein) and (fruit), but no specific portion sizes.  I kept this in mind and then adjusted my meal plan template and schedule that I created earlier this week and then added a grocery list and meal prep day schedule.  The hope is that this will help me be more consistent with my eating times and meals. 

Here is a sneak peak at my meal planner:

Backside where I've added my grocery list:

I'll look more into the ladder and other foods on the list, but for now I'm pretty happy with my current list. I'll need to calculate my calories for each meal so I know if I'm really under the 1400, plus if I'm getting sufficient enough protein, carb and fat to match my activity needs.

Goals:
Bed by 9pm!!!!
Calculate my protein, Carb and Fat for my meal plan and assure I'm in the right direction
Work on a inspiration board with all my yearly goals and add a section for monthly goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment