Monday, April 11, 2011

my birthday is just around the corner

THE CHIROPRACTOR
I was hoping Monday when I went back to my Chiropractor that he would give me a little more freedom in my workout, but that wasn't the case.  My leg pain has been about a 1 or 2 this week, and it's been hard to remember to ice and I have to keep reminding myself to not increase my workout intensity so my muscle can completely heal.  The pros of the visit is to keep my body aligned and in proper form to prevent future injuries so I can keep running and.It was great to head back and get readjusted again and a back massage, which I really needed.    I also had the benefit of having a shoulder massage to help alleviate some of the stress that's been holding up in my shoulders.  I have another appointment scheduled for Monday (11th) for another checkup and adjustment.

MANTRA
I've been trying to work on my board this week so I can really focus on the power of the word.  I need to really believe that I can achieve my goals and unless I say them out loud and really visualize myself being fit.

Monday night  I was reading an article and the author stated "No matter how much you workout, if you don't make smarter food choices, you will not see that layer of padding around your waist or thighs go away."  I really need to focus on eating smarter.  I just seem to always cave and I really need a way out so I can see the body definition I've been working so hard for every morning at the gym.

Here are a few smarter choices I'm going to work on:
1) Eat only one piece of bread instead of two at any given meal.
2) choose egg whites over whole eggs.
3) Stick to only my morning coffee before my workout unless I'm really hungry and I will have a banana and PB so my body can focus on burning stored fat and not my breakfast during my workout.

MENU
food menu for next week
Pre-Workout Snack: PB + Banana and my morning cup of Joe
Post-Workout Snack: Protein Shake
Breakfast: Chia & Fruit Bowl Smoothie
Snack:  Granola + Yogurt + Kiwi + Cinnamon
Lunch: Flaxseed Donuts w/ Lemon Water
Dinner: Turkey Burger w/ Red Onion + Tomato Slice + Broccoli Sprouts + Honey Mustard (tsp) on Ezekiel Sesame Seed Burger Bun and Cantaloupe (cup)


NEW 4-WEEK ROUTINE
I've been doing a little research trying to find exercise cards, but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for and debating on making my own to share as printable.  I want an easy way to create routines each month and change things up without having to use the internet.  I have a few ideas and one template I'm using as inspiration

ONE WEEK AND COUNTING
I can't believe that next weekend I'll be turning the big 3-0.  I've been really excited for this weekend , but the last few days my excitement has lowered mainly because I have a lot still to do before my trip to DC to celebrate and I'm just not ready yet.  I have nothing really major planned, but I am going dancing all weekend and hanging with some of my awesome dance friends.   It's going to be a great weekend, but I wish it were another month away so 1) my leg was closer to recovery and 2) I had a little more of a financial cushion.  It's not going to be an expensive weekend, but after forking out as much as I did for my car I know I'm pushing it for the weekend, but I just have to go, it's my 30th.  I never celebrated my 21st or 25th and I was never as excited for either of those birthday's as I am for this one.  I love the fact that I'm turning 30, it's a new leaf that's turning over in my life and I can't wait to see my new adventures.

MOM'S IN TOWN
Saturday my mom came into town and we headed up to my brothers new place to visit with him and his girlfriend.  The day didn't turn out anything like the plan, which caused a little strife on my end.    My mom drove almost two hours to see my brother and then I had to drive another half hour to see him.  The plan to my understanding was my brother and his girlfriend were going to meet us half way and have lunch with us.  With this plan I decided not to eat breakfast and only brought a protein shake for a quick post -workout snack so not to spoil my appetite.  We ended up driving to them and  only spent an hour with them since they already ate and his girlfriend was taking a nap before heading out to work, so it was another two hours  after my workout before we were able to finally eat and it was torture. 

CONQUERED THE DONUTS
Thursday was a victory day over two boxes of sweet and sugary donuts.  This meeting we have monthly brings donuts to share and this is the first time I have been able to resist them.  While everyone else was eating their donuts I was enjoying a bowl of pumpkin oat meal with raisins, strawberries and pecans.. This is a very proud moment for me.  I even said no to one of the guys who offered to split one with me.


Image source: http://blog.rosemontapthomes.com/around-town/469/


No comments:

Post a Comment