Sunday, July 3, 2011

sunny side down

I've just had such a crazy week and yesterday didn't slow down either and with an unhappy tummy from all the crap I ate yesterday is adding to my sluggish feeling today and the lack of desire to do anything.  I do plan on kicking my butt out the door and running at least 2 miles today so I can get some fresh air.  Part of me wants to hit city island, but I'm not sure I want to drive all the way over there since I'm in a hidden part of Harrisburg this week.  I still have access to the gym until the 11th, so I could head there and shower afterward, but not sure if I want to drag all my showering and primping gear with me either. 

I've just been chilling solo today, which is nice, but have to gather supplies from the house so I can make no-knead bread, oatmeal bars and  protein pancakes this week.  It will be nice to use the stove and oven without feeling like my every move is being watched.  I love my roommates, but I don't have much freedom or privacy there.  We are getting along right now, but I've also not been home a lot for us to find things to fight about.  I'm really hoping that by next summer I'll be in a better financial place to be on my own.

todays plan
* stop by house for baking supplies
* run 2 miles
* shower
* finish caparison chart
* drop off rent
* pick up Sunday paper for coupons
* process everything from yesterday {though that could take another week}

Just thinking about my finances right now makes me feel like I'm stuck in a black hole, even thought I've made significant strides since moving back to Pennsylvania a year and a half ago.  I just wish I didn't have so much college debt ahead of me; that's really the part that makes me feel like I'm in a black hole.  I know it's only going to get worse as the years pass and my minimum payment increases, yes my yearly incomes will still be the same.   It's hard only making 25k gross a year, but I love my job so I don't want to leave, but I really do need to make more money so I can pay off my student loans.  I just have to keep pushing forward and working hard and I know God will continue to bless the way.  He knew things would be better for me out here, and even though I didn't want to admit that coming back home would be a benefit for me....He was right.  I would never have made such progress in my finances without coming back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment