Saturday, May 21, 2011

linen fresh

I was pleasantly surprised to see the sun out this morning and gladly took advantage by hanging my laundry on the line. I began my first load around 8am and an hour later headed outside with my basket of towels and cloth pins looking forward to the smell of fresh linens.

I remember fighting with my mom about hanging the cloths on the line and today I was happy as a lark to be able to. Maybe it's because I'm more appreciative of these things now that I'm older, but I also know that God has been making little changes in my heart to match up with His plans. Just the thought of it makes me giggle as I know that these will take me to the next step.



While my linens were washing I started to prep a few meals that I had on hand one being preparing my wheat berries for my Creamy Wheat Berry Cereal----super excited for. Though time went by pretty quick and the next thing I knew the clock stroke 10 and I hadn't even washed my face yet or gotten out of my jammies and so I began to freshen up to prepare for my walk with a friend.   I was disappointed that I didn't get everything done, but I only needed to finish baking my muffins and mix together a black bean salad so I figured I could take care of that later.  I was a little later, but it was necessary so I could help out my roomie.  She needed some things moved from the yard so she could finish mowing.  I met my friend at our rescheduled time of 11:30am and we made our way toward front street to walk along the river.

It was a beautiful day and I'm glad we were able to enjoy it and take the time to catch up, because it's been awhile since we last saw each other.  Our first mile was a brisk run, but then feathered out to a walk for the last 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment