Tuesday, August 9, 2011

enthusiasm is calling

workout
Week 1 Tuesday
Strong is Sexy Fitness Challenge  
My alarm went off at 5:45 this morning and surprisingly I wasn't as tired as usual.  However, I still hit the snooze a few times and finally found the motivation that I need to move myself out of bed closer to 6:30am.  First thing I did was turn on my laptop.  I had my internet tabs saved and set to open up to my morning workout.  It was a way to not make any excuses to skip my workout.  I debated on whether I was going to workout on the porch or my room.  I opted for my room since my roommate was up and didn't have to worry about making noise.  I put on a basic workout outfit and set my cooking timer for 20 secs.  Yes, it would be far easier if I had a gym boss timer, but don't have one and not sure I want to buy one.  However, I do remember someone posting a link to a free interval timer online....really wish I could remember where I saw that. Does anyone use the gymboss?  or have another option they prefer using for interval workouts?

Booty Firm Up
I swapped M/Tue since Fit Foodies met for our bi-weekly walk Monday.  
I only managed 4 rounds instead of 6, because the workout was pretty killer.
I also modified the Push Up/Monkey Push up (pike press) to just modified push ups since I was unable to complete more then just mini-mini's of the exercise.  


view workout log for today

daily affirmation (actually Mondays)
I greet each day with enthusiasm and as an opportunity to move my wonderful body!

Proverbs 4:11-12
I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths.
When you walk, your steps will not be hindered; And when you run, you will not stumble

daily review:
* read ch. 5 pg 52-67 (35 minutes)
* Reviewed workout for tomorrow + added workouts for the week to my journal 
* in bed by 9pm and lights out by 10:30pm
* repeated the daily affirmations throughout the day
* noted my workouts and meals in my journal
* eats were pretty on.

eats:
Shortly after 2:30pm I started craving snack foods.  I didn't feel hungry, and I had a BIG and yummy lunch so the only other thing I could think of was that I had not consumed enough water.  I filled up my water bottle but still ended up having a snack (#4) just because the craving was pretty loud and glad that I didn't have any bad snackie foods, because I would have totally caved.  Then closer to 5 I another snack (#5).; mainly because I thought I was going to be working my 2nd job last night, but they canceled just after i poured the milk.  I also munched on more animal cookies  later in the evening; really need to stop eating them or better yet stop buying them and bringing them home.....they are just so yummy.
 
View Daily Eats

   cucumber & onion sprouts on oatmeal bread

No comments:

Post a Comment