Saturday, August 13, 2011

a medjool morning

workout
Week 1 Saturday
Strong is Sexy Fitness Challenge  
Aw, thank God it's Saturday.  It's been a challenging week and I'm so glad to almost be done with my first week of this challenge.  If you don't count the modifications I needed for some of the exercises I've done an excellent job.  The positive is that I got up and actually completed my workouts even when I wanted to just sleep in.

This morning I was able to take my time & enjoy my morning cup of coffee before starting my workout since I didn't have to be anywhere until noon. I  decided against the Yoga video and opted instead  for an run outdoors.  I did spend sometime before hand filing some of my fitness papers, which needed to be done.  I'm very glad to not have a pile of papers sitting on my floor.

I chose not to eat any breakfast before my run only because I thought I wouldn't have sufficient time for it to digest, but later wished I would have eaten since it was an hour and a half later when I finally got outside.  I felt really nauseous with nothing in my stomach other than a medjool date and could have gone for a pb and banana for breakfast for fuel.  I managed even on an empty stomach to successfully complete 3 miles in only 35.14 and then finished with a 10-minute Power Scult for Women + 5-minute cool down workout by the Biggest Loser 2 dvd.  It was actually pretty intense and my legs were hating me during and after this workout and I felt amazingly proud of myself after finishing.  


Once I hit the showers I realized it was just after 11am and that I needed to put a rush on my primping  if I was going to be in enola by noon.  I was embarking on my first official day of house hunting today (more on that in another post) and we had several places to check out so I didn't want to be late.  

* Yoga Class or download a free 20 minute Vinyasa Yoga session.

Alternatively,
* 20 minutes of sun salutations + favorite yoga or stretching poses.
* 10 minute jumping session on a mini trampoline or a 10 minute min fast walk.

view daily workout

daily affirmation
With each passing day, I am stronger, fitter and sexier!

daily review:
* read Scale Down ch. 0 pg 00-00 (00 minutes)
* Tomorrow's Workout: Active Rest Day
* in bed by 10pm and lights out by 10:30pm
* repeated the daily affirmations throughout the day
* noted my workouts and meals in my journal
* eats were on target until meal #4.

eats:
View Daily Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment